Saturday, January 9, 2010

What's my problem?

When I went to bed last night, Terry was sitting up on the sofa after getting sick in the bathroom...I fully expected it to be "one of THOSE days' when he's sick all day when I got up in the morning...imagine my surprise when it wasn't.....

The other surprise I got was in talking with him about how he had been feeling....as he began to describe how he was feeling when he got sick, and then described how he felt and what was happening when he got up, I began to feel a little sick myself....because the vomiting is the primary cause of his ER visits, and has been going on so long, all diagnostics and tests and hypotheses of what is happening revolve around the stomach....but each time there is a different test, there is no evidence of issues that would cause such dramatic ongoing vomiting....and at that point, doctors check out... if there is no evidence they can find to explain his illness it's easier on their part to just give up...

Well, there is no giving up....it can't be an option, because this is consuming our lives and his health...I've got to make sure that when he's talking to the docs they understand they have to ask enough questions to get the real picture of what's happening...otherwise this is all for naught, and we still learn nothing....and that's not an option...

No comments:

Post a Comment